Reportage on Romanian Camgirls

Discutii generale despre activitatea de video chat. Pareri, opinii, intrebari, mod de lucru, povesti, discutii diverse despre siteuri de videochat si despre acest job in general, toate isi au locul in aceasta categorie.

Mesajde matteofagotto » 12 Oct 2015, 13:50

Dear all,

I am an Italian journalist, I just wanted to post the link to the reportage I did on Romanian camgirls.

The project was done this summer together with photographer Matilde Gattoni and has now been published by the Post Magazine, a top English-speaking media from Hong Kong.

Here is the link, I hope you will like it. Any feedback will be highly appreciated: http://www.scmp.com/magazines/post-maga ... ng-control

Best regards,

Matteo Fagotto
matteofagotto

Mesajde Intel » 18 Oct 2015, 18:54

Hi Matteo.
I found your article a good read, filled with valid and concise information.
I'd recommand it.
Good job :wink:
Intel

Mesajde matteofagotto » 19 Oct 2015, 23:43

Thanks a lot Intel :)
matteofagotto

Mesajde theselby » 20 Oct 2015, 16:17

@topic creator: dude... I can understand how things work with MassMedia in general. However, this is the wrong place to say lies.
I have nothing against Adrian from LCM / WSS. However, your article has nothing to do with the romanian camgirls, but with his girls.

You know... perhaps 20% truth would have been better. I understand that that's what a journalist does, but please be reasonable and sell that cake somewhere else but not here.

@Adrian LCM/WSS: good job with the articles man, keep up the good work!
theselby
User Avansat
User Avansat

Mesajde matteofagotto » 26 Oct 2015, 11:10

Dear theselby,

thanks for your comment on the article.

Sure, the article reflects the reality of one studio, as we spent the whole time there. I am certainly not trying to sell the cake to you, as my reportage get published on hundreds of media outlet around the world, so few people reading it or not on this forum certainly doesn't affect the total outcome of the story. I was more interested in the feedback from people who are inside the business rather than making publicity for myself, as I don't really need it.

As for "the truth", which I find a rather smokey concept when someone describes a social phenomenon, let me tell you that before coming to Romania we sent hundreds of email to several studios and cam girls, explaining our project and inviting anyone who was willing to into participating in it. You know how many replies we got? Close to zero. At least Adrian had the courage to show himself and explains his point of view.

Anyone is free to participate or not, of course, but complaining that the article is inaccurate when you and many others had the chance to participate in it but did nothing it's quite contradictory, don't you think?

Cheers,

Matteo
matteofagotto

Mesajde Ceecee » 26 Oct 2015, 13:45

Hello Matteo and welcome to our little community.
matteofagotto scrie: I was more interested in the feedback from people who are inside the business rather than making publicity for myself, as I don't really need it.

I'm sure you can understand that lots of studios/models don't need that as well.
The adult industry is still considered controversial, would you blame someone for not wanting to talk about it? People do what's best for them and for their business.

You could never write the whole truth. Everyone has their own way of doing things. Of course, it's good to gather information from secondary sources when you want to find the "truth".

Please, don't think that our community is not important just because you don't receive only positive comments. After all, you were the one that posted the article on here.

Best of luck in everything you do. :D
Ceecee
User Junior+
User Junior+

Mesajde Studio20 » 26 Oct 2015, 14:42

"A camgirl can make anything between €900 (HK$7,800) and €3,000 per month in a country where the average salary is about €400."

If our best model would only win €3,000 per month we would really worry for the future 8). A cam girl can win from €0 to €50.000 per month and some maybe more (remember the interview with Little Red Bunny).
Studio20
VETERAN
VETERAN

Mesajde matteofagotto » 26 Oct 2015, 15:02

Dear Ceecee,

please forgive me if I gave you the impression of disrespecting this community. I didn't mean to offend anyone and my intention is definitely not to play its members down only because I received some criticism. Apologies if my heated reply conveyed this message.

I perfectly understand that people in the business don't want publicity because of the special nature of camming and I am not bitter about that. I also share your point of view on the many "truths" around, especially in a business where it is difficult to access people, from a journalistic point of view.

Again, my bitterness before was not directed at the activity or its members, but to comments I find disrespectful towards an entire category. I have been in many bad places to do reportage and I know how difficult journalism can be. I met colleagues from countries like Somalia, Iraq, Mexico who paid with their lives the simple fact of doing reporting, because some people didn't like it. Even in Europe, where journalism should be "safer", there are a lot of examples of courageous and professional journalists paying a heavy price just for doing their job.

I don't have a problem if someone tells me "look, this part and this part of your article is incorrect because of this and this reason". But when I read comments saying that media tell "lies", or that what a journalist does in general is telling less than "20 percent of truth", when a lot of us get shot, killed and threatened every day, this just makes me mad.

Just to make a comparison, it would be as me defining studio owners as a "bunch of pimps and tax evaders", only because there have been some instances when they were accused of certain things. I am sure such a comment would anger a lot of people, and rightly so. My anger of before stems from that, and not from the criticism. :)

I also wanted to thank you for your very polite and genuine reply, best of luck to you too.

Matteo
matteofagotto

Mesajde matteofagotto » 26 Oct 2015, 15:04

Dear Studio20,

thanks for your reply.

Those figures were meant to be an estimate of what an average cam girl can make, they don't refer to the best ones. Indeed, in the article we also interviewed a former cam girl who used to make 26,000 USD per month.
matteofagotto

Mesajde Jobs4Adults » 27 Oct 2015, 06:06

Ciao, Matteo!

Tutto bene, con el pene? :D Guarda qua una bella poesia del Luca Alighieri, al estilo Decameron de Bocaccio:
"Si lavora, si fatiga,
Per el pane, per la fica!
Tutto quelo que avanza,
Per la fica, per la panza...
Vino roso,
Cazo groso,
Vino blanco,
Cazo largo...
Vino puro,
Cazo duro!
Viva la figa,
que Dio lo bendiga!" :)
(te voi a mandare tutta la poesia, fata per me si tu vogli ;)

matteofagotto scrie:....

The project was done this summer together with photographer Matilde Gattoni and has now been published by the Post Magazine, a top English-speaking media from Hong Kong.

"top English-speaking media from Hong Kong"?????? If I were Adrian I would have promoted my models through my white-labels (LiveCamMansion?) or through their sites...In Hong Kong there are King Kong customers and money to be made...One of the most expensive places on earth!!!

matteofagotto scrie:....
As for "the truth", which I find a rather smokey concept when someone describes a social phenomenon, let me tell you that before coming to Romania we sent hundreds of email to several studios and cam girls, explaining our project and inviting anyone who was willing to into participating in it. You know how many replies we got? Close to zero. At least Adrian had the courage to show himself and explains his point of view.

Anyone is free to participate or not, of course, but complaining that the article is inaccurate when you and many others had the chance to participate in it but did nothing it's quite contradictory, don't you think?

Exactly, Matteo: the cam models and studios (and is not only about Romania!), they want and DON'T want advertising...but many, do criticise others like Adrian or you that DID HAVE THE GUTS to show up, when so many, refused to take the opportunity! :) So: congratulations to you and...to Adrian!!!

un bacio, fratello! :*
Jobs4Adults
User Junior
User Junior

Înapoi la Despre video chat - discutii generale